News and events
Agency profiled in Med Ad News
Med Ad News - April 2018
Med Ad News, a premier publication for pharmaceutical industry insights and need-to-know information, has again recognized closerlook, inc. on its annual list of pharma marketers. Exploring closerlook’s offerings, 2017 accomplishments and perspective on industry trends, the profile gives readers an in-depth look at where the company is going in the year ahead. Below is a version of the profile.
The pharmaceutical industry is changing yet again. A flood of announced mergers and acquisitions is creating powerful therapeutic franchises. New scientific breakthroughs are accelerating the development of therapies that can cure—not just manage—chronic conditions and diseases. Biotech startups are bringing exciting new innovations to market. CEOs are rethinking their path to scale. And companies are testing new strategies for managing and growing their portfolios.
In this environment, pharmaceutical marketers are recognizing that the old ways of marketing no longer work. They need smarter marketing—an approach driven by data, seasoned with patient insight, powered by automation and optimized by analytics. To pull this off, they also need a new kind of agency—a marketing partner that can set the right strategy, manage a proliferation of channels, support new patient services, and effectively engage healthcare professionals (HCPs) and patients.
closerlook, inc. is that type of partner. We are a digital marketing agency that helps pharmaceutical marketers build better relationships with their best customers. We provide a comprehensive pharma marketing solution that links brand and multichannel marketing strategy with insight-based creative and operational execution in order to create demand and build brand loyalty. For pharma brand teams with ambitious growth goals, this translates into better engagement with the right customers, better use of therapeutic products and better prospects for long-term growth.
This Year's Accomplishments
We’ve had several account wins this year. Our current client roster includes some of the most respected names in the life sciences industry—some we have enjoyed working with for years, others we began working with this past year.
- Novo Nordisk (Diabetes Portfolio)
- Horizon (KRYSTEXXA and Primary Care Unit)
- UCB (CIMZIA)
- Alexion (Soliris)
We’ve also made infrastructure investments and leadership changes to create even more value for our clients. In 2017, we opened a new office in New York City and filled key leadership positions in the company:
- Steve Tulk, named Chief Technology Officer—Steve is an accomplished technology leader whose experience and acumen will advance closerlook’s capabilities in interactive technology, marketing intelligence, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Tony Malik, promoted to VP, Managing Director—A skilled marketing leader, Tony brings valuable strategic counsel and a dedication to imagining effective solutions for our clients.
- Nikkie Jones, promoted to Managing Director—A diligent client team leader, Nikkie specializes in leading teams through authoring brand and MCM strategy, delivering MCM campaigns and optimizing both strategic and tactical approaches.
- Richard Watson, promoted to VP, Marketing Intelligence—An experienced, articulate leader, Richard integrates client objectives, tactical execution, technology and data analytics to produce intelligence that fuels better marketing decisions. Richard leads the Marketing Intelligence group at closerlook, a new organization of cross-functional talent that produces meaningful intelligence at the speed of business.
- Joanna Kontoudakis, promoted to VP, Human Resources—Joanna guides our agency’s investments in our most valuable resource: our talented marketing professionals. Joanna is critical to managing and improving our long-standing culture of high performance and humane empathy.
These changes helped support our projects for pre-launch, launch and mature brands in both primary and specialty care markets, including diabetes, mental health, rheumatology, gastroenterology, cardiovascular health, sleep disorders, wound care, urology, hematology and oncology. In 2017, closerlook received awards for several of these projects:
- PM360 Trailblazer Award, Professional Website/Online Initiative, Gold Winner— PM360, a health marketing industry publication, named closerlook a “Gold Winner” for the Tresiba® HCP Digital Launch Acceleration & Evolution campaign.
- PM360 Pharma Choice Bronze, Professional Website (Tresiba)—PM360 recognized our multi-phase approach to the promotional launch and evolution of TresibaPro.com.
- Medical Advertising Hall of Fame Inductee 2018—The Medical Advertising Hall of Fame (MAHF) recognized closerlook with the “Digital Pioneer Award” for our “Where Have You Flexed?” campaign.
- Chelsea Patton named MAHF Future Famer—MAHF named Chelsea Patton, a closerlook Account Director, as a “Future Famer” for demonstrating client service excellence, cross-functional team leadership and a positive impact on company culture.
Software and Services
closerlook believes that relevance paves the way to customer engagement, and that engaged customers drive growth for the long term. We help our clients reach this outcome by providing software and services in four core areas:
Our multichannel marketing campaigns for HCPs and patients focus on delivering the most relevant content to the right customers at the right time. We offer a comprehensive solution that includes creative services, media distribution, management of multichannel tactics, sales and payer support, and digital transformations.
We support customer research, campaign reporting, brand planning and operational recommendations. This starts with collecting customer data from relevant sources, mining that data for insights, and using those insights to inform ongoing planning and multichannel analytics efforts. With this knowledge, our clients can better understand their audiences, track the performance of their marketing activities and increase engagement with their best customers.
We provide counsel based on clinical evidence, data-informed customer insight and marketing innovation.
Backstage®, our proprietary relationship marketing technology suite, is a cloud-based software-as-a-service that’s built to meet the needs of the pharma industry. It provides all the technical capabilities required to execute multichannel marketing based on HCP and patient insights, and is designed to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing activities.
closerlook is exploring opportunities to integrate machine learning and artificial intelligence into our existing systems. We are focused on advancing intelligence-driven technologies and expanding our capabilities in product development and agile methods. Our goal is to continually integrate emerging technologies that support and enhance our clients’ sales and marketing initiatives.
The drugs, Optistavin, Easovartis and Librylin, and names, results, case studies and specific information, referenced in this advertisement are fictional and were created solely for illustrating the digital marketing capabilities of closerlook, inc. Any resemblance to actual drugs, medications, treatments, persons, living or dead, or to actual events, is purely coincidental. closerlook, inc. does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage or disruption caused by such party’s reliance on the fictitious information contained in this illustration.